A Senior Database professional required for a leading content and identification solutions provider to the scientific industry, with Enterprise‐scale technical experience working with relational databases and cloud/hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs and database migrations.
You can be based from Home with travel into the Berkshire office once a month.
Working within a team of inhouse developers and testers plus cloud operations and support services, you will be empowered to take the flagship product to greater heights and look to the future in supporting the building of a data platform roadmap.
You are someone that can make an immediate contribution around supporting, maintaining, tuning and optimising the data that the platform sits upon in ‘lab’ conditions, as observed in our CI/CD pipeline, and when live for on‐premise and cloud customers assist with third line support.
Combined with contributing to the current model, build a road map that looks to further leverage automation, review and update technology/architecture to ensure long term technical viability, provide insight to feed DevOps pipeline, infusing key analytics technologies where appropriate.
Prior experience of working throughdata platform transitions and upgrade desired.
Ultimate responsibility, as part of the team, for ensuring that the solution continues to exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and reliability. As with the general trend some customers that currently run on‐premises solutions are looking to transition to cloud therefore experience having worked through a solution’s customer base transitioning from on‐premises to cloud would be advantageous with that exposure ideally including data migration strategies and moving large scale production systems from on‐premises to cloud.
- Experience working with relational databases (SQL Server and/or Oracle) in a DBA / Data Engineer type role.
- Query troubleshooting knowledge such as isolating blocks of poor performing SQL, determining root cause, and developing remediation actions.
- Experience with database management tools.
- Experience with database performance tuning.
- Cloud Data Engineer / SysAdmin experience.
- Experience having worked through a solution’s customer base transitioning from on‐premises/hybrid to cloud
- Experience with data migration strategies and moving large scale production systems either in on‐ premises/data centre environments or migration to cloud scenarios.
- Knowledge of cloud development platforms and options.
- Proven track record in designing, building, and maintaining enterprise level applications.
Contact Paul Lake on 0207 041 6989 or Email your CV HERE